Thursday, November 19, 2015

I don't apologize for being myself.

I'm a 26 year old single white female. I love to read. I'd rather stay home and read a book on the weekends than go out to some event or get together. The older I get the more I understand how messed up the human race is and the less people I like. I use to have a million friends, and now I strictly observe people before allowing them into my comfort zone. I am painfully aware that some people want you around for entertainment or just so they don't have to do something alone, but they don't truly care about you. There are people that you will go out of your way for that will never lift a finger to help or encourage you. Please leave those people behind as soon as possible. You may think that you are being kind by staying around them, but eventually that attitude will rub off on you. BEWARE. Losing friends is a good thing sometimes. I guess that's called getting old. Speaking of getting old, I try to be asleep by 9:00p.m. on weeknights. On the weekend when I try to stay up late, I'm usually still asleep by midnight. (Unless the book is really good). Now don't get me wrong, I enjoy going out with my friends for dinners and hanging out, but the older I get the more I pay attention to my surroundings and the situations I am putting myself in.


I have addictions, but they aren't terrible for me. I could quit anytime I want to. I just don't want to haha. Lets start with candles. My heavens Bath & Body works has me hooked. If you come over to my house you can guarantee that a candle will be burning, and it will be cozy. There will also most likely be a pot of coffee on, or I will offer you a cup of hot tea. I don't really buy coke or pepsi unless I have guests coming over. I prefer to get my caffeine from hot beverages, especially this time of the year.


I love to eat. I'm a total foodie. I usually have pizza at least one day a week at work. That means my coworkers do as well. (At least I share). And wouldn't you know it, the more pizza you eat the more coupons they send you. It's a never ending cycle. I work out.....just enough to keep from being 500lbs with my love of food. By work out I mean that I run up and down the stairs in my house, do squats while drying my hair, or sit-ups while playing with my dog. I use to be a fitness addict, but as it turns out, I love my body more with a softer tone. I am 100% comfortable with myself. I still have flaws and wish that I could change things about my appearance as all women do, but I have learned to love myself and my body. I do love being outside, but I hate being cold so as it gets colder I start reading more and watching HGTV to find fun things I could do with my house while I'm stuck inside. I also have a huge love for animals. My dog in particular. He's the best friend I've ever had. We know each other's schedules, and his emotions follow mine. Yes, I think dogs have emotions. When I'm excited and active, he's ready to play. When I'm sleepy, he's ready to snuggle. When I'm mellow, he's there to rest his head on my lap. When I'm traveling, he's in the car before I am. He is my right hand man and love.


I don't intend to be in a relationship for a while. I got burned in the dating game pretty bad, and I feel that you need to take time for yourself in order to fully move on. When I'm ready I'll know, but right now I'm not. I don't feel the need to have someone else validate my self worth, and to be honest I am really enjoying doing what I choose to do without having to compromise my schedule with a significant other. I love love. I'm a hopeless romantic at heart, but I believe that love has to happen in the right timing or it won't last. I've also learned that God's timing is much better than mine. I also believe that my relationship with God needs to grow before I develop a romantic relationship.


That's a little about me, and I don't apologize for being myself. I don't care if people like my way of life or if it offends anybody. I am who I am, and you know what they say.... You can be the ripest, most juicy peach in the world, but still somebody won't like peaches.
-Kayla

4 comments: