Monday, October 5, 2015

Praying For Your Future Husband





Over the past week or so I have been reading a book about praying for your future husband. So, what exactly does that mean? I could be totally wrong, but I don't think it means fervently praying that a brick falls on your current boyfriends head today when he does something wrong...
To me, it means that day in and day out, I'm not going to pray FOR a husband, but I am going to pray specifically for HIM. Let me start by saying that I am single and I do not have the slightest idea who my husband will be. But God knows. And He isn't going to cross our paths until both of our hearts are prepared for it (or at least thats what I pray). That is why it's so neat to pray for your future spouse. Here is an example of an exact prayer I have prayed recently for my future spouse:

Lord, today I stressed out about school work- please comfort my spouse's heart if he is stressed out today, too. Today I realized that I have a very independent personality and struggle with handing over control of my life to You. If my future spouse is struggling with handing over control to You, too, show up in his life like you have mine and assure him you have plans to prosper him and never to harm him, just like you have shown me. Please teach him patience. I burnt the bacon this morning and he will need patience for when I forget I have something in the oven. I need him to fall in love with you before he falls in love with me. I trust you will wait until he does to point him in my direction. When you send him my way, I would be okay with him having dark hair and a pretty smile and an outdoorsman. Amen.

I was just being completely, open-heartedly honest with God. Do you know what praying for my future spouse really does? It strengthens MY prayer life. It helps me notice the flaws in my own life that I need to continue to work on. When I'm praying for someone else's heart I notice the things in my own heart that I want to fix. It helps me have patience with God's timing. Besides, maybe God knows I'm not ready to share the tub of ice cream in my freezer for the rest of my life with anyone else yet.
Now is the best time to work on your own life while you are single.
Instead of going completely out of your way to meet new guys or even staying with a current boyfriend because you're "comfortable", take this time to do more praying for your future husband (wether that be your current boyfriend or someone you've never met) and less time praying that Mister Right will walk up to you tomorrow with a ring.

"Dance with God and He will let the perfect man cut in."

-Caroline


No comments:

Post a Comment