Sunday, September 20, 2015

About Us

Why did you want to start a blog?

Caroline: A jack of all trades and a master of none- that's the best description of me I could possibly come up with, therefor this blog is going to be exactly that. Lots of experience, ideas, and advice on real life topics and very little mastery at any of them. Ever have a night at home on the couch, or a busy day in the office where you go hide in the break room and think, "I just need a good laugh. I need five minutes of peace, humor, relativity, and a darn good read"? I can't be the only one, and that's what interested me in blogging. Kayla and I are just two women looking to brighten up your day and remind you that this life can be made into a pretty sweet ride. You don't have to be Southern, blonde, or hilarious to relate.

Kayla: I spend so much time online whether it is shopping, watching videos, or looking up recipes. I fell in love with blogs about two years ago, but I never could find a blog that I was a religious follower of. Most were geared toward one main focus, which is understandable, but I wanted a one stop shop so to speak. I want to be able to go to one website and get tips on cooking, running a household, hobbies, and read funny stories that make me laugh without having to switch back and forth. Then I realized Caroline and I both know a lot about each subject. If I can't find a blog like this, why don't we just create one. I have messed around with blogging in the past, but when Caroline suggested we go in it together I couldn't have been more excited to get the ball rolling.


How do you think your personalities compare with each other?

Caroline: Kayla and I should have been comedians but somehow God decided differently, so here we are. All jokes aside, Kayla is my go-to for all things fashion. She's "that girl" that rolls out of bed, puts on skinny jeans, Uggs (where my basic white girls at?), glasses, and a hair in a bun and ROCKS IT.... ends up looking better than I do after 45 minutes of primping. If you can imagine an independent woman who stands her own and isn't afraid of taking life by the horns- thats Kayla. She's my balance. Our personalities are similar and our styles different, but that's what makes her the gravy to my biscuits. Two totally different things that bring balance to each other and make each other the perfect combo!

Kayla: Caroline is a single mom. She has grown and learned about things that I won't know until later on in life. I have built a life on dating here and there, but fully taking care of my responsibilities myself. We both have carefree, big hearts. I would describe Caroline as a southern bell. Everything beautiful, cozy, and country you can imagine wrapped up into one package with a southern draw. I think my home style is a little more hipster than Caroline, but our main loves are the same. We enjoy nature and family just as much as a girls night out on the town.



What is your goal for this blog?

Caroline: I have big dreams for this blog. I want anyone who reads it to feel like we've known each other for years, and reach out to us with their "two cents"! I hope you see God and the way He makes life extraordinary in this blog and I hope you also see the realistic chaos in it. I hope this is a go-to for anyone wanting a good, sassy read.

Kayla: I hope that women find this blog as a place to come and escape for a few minutes weekly. I hope they laugh, cry, and enjoy life with us. I hope they comment, email, and interact with us. It doesn't matter what type of background you come from, we are all just trying to survive life. Why not do it in a way that brings us all together and blesses each one?



1 comment: