Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Fall Reading List

Over the last two months I have been reading light hearted easy reads. There is so much going on this time of year that I find it hard to get into novels and serious reads. All of the books I have listed below are wonderful and can be finished in just a couple days. With the weather getting cooler it inevitably means I'll be spending more time indoors. I have a few classics on my reading list for this winter that I'll share with you next month, but for now I hope you give a few of these books a try and let me know what you think.


1. SAVING GRACE by PAMELA FAGAN HUTCHINS
If you love the idea of leaving your job and moving to an island then this is the book for you!
Its a suspenseful story of a girl trying to find her way while dealing with her past. 


2. PAPER TOWNS by JOHN GREEN
I can't explain to you how much I loved this book. It is a YA read, and it doesn't involve any real drama or depth. This book is spot on if you like interesting characters, memories of high school, and careless teenage fun.

 3. DARK WITCH SERIES by NORA ROBERTS
This trilogy.....my stars. I loved it. Nora Roberts is an amazing writer to begin with, and this series proves that further. I would finish one and couldn't wait to get to the next. It is a little hard to understand at times with all the mid-evil times names, but if you just keep reading it all comes together. I was not bored at any point in this series. Nora Roberts rocked it. As the title states, it is about witches so it was a fun read around Halloween, but it's not scary.
 
 4. LADIES' NIGHT by MARY KAY ANDREWS
When a group of women are court ordered to attend divorce therapy after running their husband's cars into pools, etc. there is bound to be some entertainment. Especially when they start meeting at the local bar after therapy sessions. This was definitely a fun read and would be great if you are going through a break up. I laughed out loud at this book!

5. TO ALL THE BOYS I'VE LOVED BEFORE by JENNY HAN
 This again was a YA book, but it was a nice read. It was almost too immature for my taste, but I can't stop reading a book in the middle. If I was one of those people I probably would have let this one go. I'm glad I finished it though because it turned out sweet. The concept is genius. A girl writes letters to her boyfriends for the last time, but she never mails them. She stores them in a box instead. When the letters are accidently mailed out all heck breaks lose. I thought the story could have been deeper, but it was a nice light read.  

6. THE BEST DAY OF SOMEONE ELSE'S LIFE by KERRY REICHS
I LOVED this book! It gives an amazing outlook on love and marriage for those of us that choose to wait until later in life. It goes through every moment you might have while you are single and all your friends are getting married and having babies. I think I finished this book in 3 days. It was a quick read and so spot on for those of us in this phase in life.

7. EIGHTH GRAVE AFTER DARK by DARYNDA JONES
Let me start by saying you need to start at book one in order to understand this series. It's quirky, sarcastic, laughable, and the story line is completely unique. It is so easy to fall in love with the main character because she is so easy to relate to. Her sense of humor and snarky comments are what keeps this series going. This is a must read for me. Book 9 is coming out soon so you better get a move on!

 8. A BEAUTIFUL STRUGGLE by LILLIANA ANDERSON
This book is definitely rated R and probably not suitable for younger readers, but it is a good book. It has confusion of the heart, denial, moving on, falling in love, office romance, law school stories, and chasing dreams. It has every component to make up a great story. While this book didn't knock my socks completely off, I did find myself wanting to know what happens next.

 9. INNOCENT LITTLE CRIMES by C.S. LAKIN
If you need a unique story this is it!!! Following the lives of 6 different characters as they are all brought to their knees by an old nemesis. I never saw this story line coming because I try not to read reviews before the book. I couldn't put this down. I also read this book in 3 days.

10. A DOG'S PURPOSE by W. BRUCE CAMERON
If you are a dog lover you HAVE to read this! I laughed, and I cried. This book brought out every emotion I have. I think my dog hated me while I read this book though because I wouldn't stop hugging him. This book is hands down one of my favorite books of all time.


Please let me know what you think of these books if you have read them or plan on giving them a try. Also, let me know what is on your reading list right now. I'm definitely looking for some more books to pile on my nightstand during the cold months coming.

Love,
Kayla

1 comment: