Saturday, October 17, 2015

True Life: I Love Carbs/ Healthy Dip Recipe

My carbohydrate addiction is a serious thing. Pizza is my favorite food, any pizza... all pizza. I don't discriminate. Did I mention I cover them all in ranch dressing as well. Also on the top of my list is a good steak, potatoes in any form (chips, fries, baked, fried), and especially Mexican! Thank goodness for a good metabolism and an active life. Keeping in mind that metabolism slows for women during their 20's I try to incorporate something healthy now and then. Not near as much as I should, but I'm slowly making progress. 

It's hard for me to eat fruit and vegetables that I buy before they go bad, so I've come up with an alternative. One day I was craving vegetables, and I decided to go to the store and create something myself that would give me that veggie fix. This recipe has been family and neighbor approved with raving reviews, and it is so easy! 

What you'll need:
2 avocados
1 jar salsa (I prefer the chunky)
1 onion
Various peppers: I choose green, yellow, and red
1 can whole kernel corn
1 can low sodium black beans
Tortilla chips of your choice
1/2 bag shredded cheese


Chop all ingredients and place in a large bowl. 
Then add the salsa and shredded cheese. 
Stir well, cover, and place in fridge for an hour to set.


Serve with chips. This makes a huge serving, so you'll definitely want to share. Also, this is a great mix to add to omelets in the morning! I love that it's colorful because you eat with your eyes before you actually eat! You don't have to feel guilty for overeating this dip because it's all fresh. You'll be amazed at how amazing this taste! Comment below if you try it, and let us know what you think.

-Kayla


2 comments: