Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Always A Bridesmaid ♥

Let me start by saying some people are meant to get married earlier than others. Most of my dearest friends, being the 'earlier than others'. I am so overwhelmingly happy for each and every one of them. I have definitely been in a few weddings over the last few years and gotten to see examples of true love. Yes, I still believe in love. Now, as they are having babies and building families, I begin to notice the changes in both of our lives. The biggest change I notice is they are buying diapers while I am buying shoes. It's not a bad change for either of us. It's just the differences in the paths we chose. Most women in a small town nearing 27 years of age would crawl in a hole if they weren't married or didn't have a potential boyfriend. I'm not one of those women. Single life is FABULOUS, and I'm here to tell you why...


Let's start with the basics. When I get home from work at the end of the day, the only mouth I have to worry about feeding is my own (and my dog of course). Also, I feel the need to mention that the only laundry I do is my own. The same can be said for chores. When I get home it looks exactly the same as it did when I left. When you take on a husband and kids this no longer happens I'm sure. You know what's playing on the tv? Whatever the heck I want. You know what's in the fridge and pantry? All my favorites, just for me. (Nobody eats your food when your single, remember that!)
A close friend and I recently discussed traveling and how your late 20s and early 30s is the perfect time to explore! Hopefully, you have found a steady job by this point and can save up to travel or shop. (Spend the money you would have used on a wedding and go to the beach or buy yourself something special). I buy myself a small gift occasionally, even if it's just a bouquet of flowers. You know why? Because I think I need it, and I don't have to talk out my finances with my significant other. You have no ties and all the freedom in the world to come and go as you please!


WAIT!  It gets better!


Did you know you can buy a home and a car on your own? It's completely crazy I know, but I'm pretty sure some women don't think you can. When I purchased a home I actually had someone tell me I was doing it backwards, meaning that I should have found a husband and then a home. Well that person can kiss my front porch steps. I believe everyone's life takes different paths.
I am truly happy at this point in life. Possibly on a mild dating freeze. I'm just not in the mood right now. Why ruin this life I have going by finding Mr. Right too soon? If he's really the one, he'll be around when I get ready for him.... in a few years.


Now let me repeat that my friends are blissfully happy with the decisions they've made, and one day I hope to find love just the same. I'm just trying to point out that if it doesn't happen until I'm 35 I'll be fine because I have learned to truly love myself and my own life. So if you're single, remember all the good things you still have going and get out and enjoy life!


-Kayla

1 comment:

  1. Kayla I absolutely agree with all you said. I enjoyed reading it You are a very smart girl. Enjoy your life do the things you want to do now date and have fun now when you marry is the time to settle down and live life very differently. Not saying that's a bad thing, Just different. So enjoy the single life while you are single and when you marry enjoy the married life. Most of all and most important is Be Happy

    ReplyDelete